Job Title: Taproom Staff
Hours to work: 15/week – Friday and Saturday (initially only fortnightly)
Location: McColl’s Brewery, Evenwood, Bishop Auckland, Co. Durham, DL14 9SJ
Key Duties, Skills and Responsibilities
At McColl’s Brewery we’ve established ourselves within the North East brewing scene as not only an accessible and friendly brewery, but also one that creates experimental and creative beers with a stand-out style. We have a great taproom on site at the brewery that continues to grow and is an integral part of our business and our community.
We’re looking for someone with great hospitality skills to join us at the taproom to help our customers have a top-class time. We’re a small team so flexibility and a willingness to take on other responsibilities is essential, whilst over time the role will develop to cover other aspects within the taproom and brewery.
The right person will ideally have some experience of dealing with customers within a pub environment, with a great ability to make people feel welcome and comfortable. A passion for food and drink and a love of communicating this to customers is also a massive part of who we are, whilst working efficiently and promptly. We aim to be accessible to all, making everyone feel welcome, no matter what they choose to drink.
The position is initially on a fortnightly basis, but will develop and grow over time to become weekly and include more taproom responsibilities both within and outside of opening hours, plus brewery events and other brewery roles. This is a great opportunity for a proactive person who loves interacting with customers but who also wants to get into the craft brewery sector and can really develop the role.
● Training opportunities within beer and hospitality.
● Help shape and grow the taproom - we’re keen to take on board your ideas for events and ways to constantly improve our customer experience.
● Deliver a top-class experience for everyone who visits the taproom.
● Pour beers and other drinks, offer advice on choosing beers and other products, operate the till and handle money and card payments, help manage the cellar and stock, help with cleaning, setting up and tidying.
● Deliver great customer service to all at all times, dealing with any complaints in a responsive, caring manner.
● Represent, champion and promote McColl’s Brewery, always promoting our values of being friendly, inclusive, and positive.
● A great customer-focused manner and strong people skills.
● Ability to work on your own, using your initiative to solve problems.
● Self-motivation and a willingness to look to improve systems and ways of working.
● Previous experience within the hospitality industry.
● A passion for craft beer.
Applications close: 21st July 2021
Interview Window: 22nd - 27th July 2021
Job start date: 30th July 2021